Friday, April 13, 2007

Westboro haters protest soldier's funeral in Norman

I was driving through Norman today, on my way to pick up some office supplies, when I came upon a protest at the corner of Main and University.
On one side were lots of people with American flags and on the opposite corner were some cretins holding signs reading: "Thank God for IEDs" and "Thank God for Dead Soldiers.""Holy toledo! It's those knuckle-draggers from Kansas, the Westboro Baptist Church haters who protest the funerals of soldiers who've died in the "War on Terror."

I had heard Sean Hannity interview the daughter of the head of this hate group, Fred Phelps, and there was no reasoning with her. Their reasoning for protesting makes no sense to me.

They're the same jerks that protested Matthew Shepard's funeral in Wyoming.

I was stopped at a light and running late.
Still, I tried to snap some quick pix on my camera. They didn't turn out so well and a State Trooper was right in front of me. In fact, the trooper was asking a guy with a flag what was going on. He explained that they were there protesting the haters from Kansas.
The light turned green and I made my turn on Main heading west. I gave the smirking idiots with their day-glo hate signs a big thumbs down.

How sad.

Here's the story about their "visit" in today's edition of The Norman Transcript.

(p.s. Also posted at Slice O' Life)

No comments: